Are you planning on a winter holiday? During these times, it's characterized by snow, and most of the tourist destinations have something to do with sports events. Most probably, you are looking for one of the elites ski resorts in the world. There is one place that you probably should visit. Though it's not one of the top-ranked tourist destinations, its a place that we are sure whether you enjoy skiing or not, you can have a wonderful time. Visit the gorgeous town of Les Arcs, situated in France.
About Les Arcs
Les Arc is a purpose-built ski resort found in the Tarentaise valley in France. The construction process began in the 1960s and was initiated by Robert Blanc and Roger Godino. Robert Godino was a constructor in mountain tourism, while Robert blank was a naïve of the regions. He was born and raised here. He was a ski instructor and a high mountain guide. Together, they orchestrated a plan that would transform the village into one of France's major tourist attractions. Now Les Arcs, part of the sizeable Paradiski system, is owned by a French listed company Compagnie des Alpes. Its charming architecture draws a lot of attention as it somehow has a contemporary look and somehow incorporates a traditional charm found in Austria and Switzerland.
Skiing in Les Arcs
Les Arcs, even though it is a purpose-built, offers sensational skiing. It is part of the Paradiski skiing area; visitors can enjoy skiing at a new level as they have access to some of the best pistes to suit their needs. It's often a pedestrianized area with the means of transportation being cable cars, gondolas, and chair lifts. Les Arcs is made of five skiing areas: Arc 2000, Arc 1950, Arc 1800, and Arc 1600. The Resort is situated at an altitude that ranges from 810 meters to 3226 meters above sea level. Most of the skiing starts at a height that is above 12000 meters. It has 106 pistes, which have a collective length of 200 kilometers, and 54 lifts. The highest peak is the Aiguille rouge, which is 7 kilometers long, and it's at 2026 meters. Expert skiers should test themselves here.
- Arc 1600, also referred to as Arc Pierre Blanche, was one of the ski resorts built in the area. It's also one that is at the lowest altitude as compared to either Resort in Les Arcs. It was opened in 1968. The concept of building the Resort, which has been replicated to the other areas, was made of three fundamental rules which are: it should have the utmost respect for the site and its natural surroundings, use local resources, and conservation of the existing chalets.
- Arc 1800 is the biggest Resort in the area and has over 100 shops, shuttle services, hotels, and an ice rink. Situated at a higher altitude than Arc 1600 is a place that is comfortable and benefits from better weather conditions than Arc 2000, which at times can be closed because of heavy snowfall. Sometimes it is at the mercy of heavy winds directed to the valley. It's also the liveliest place when it comes to night events and après ski. It has a couple of clubs.
- Arc 1950 is one of the recent ones that was inaugurated in 2003 and completed in 2008. Arc 2000 is situated at a point that is higher than the rest. It's a place where expert skiers can enjoy because of the high amount of snow.
Les Arcs makes it easy for beginners who want to learn how to ski because of ski schools' availability in the area. But the Ski schools are not for beginners only. There are courses for intermediates as well as advanced experts. You will find it convenient to go with your family, especially with kids, as the ski-school makes it comfortable for all ages.
Other things you can do at the mountain
While what we have talked about above can convince you that the only tourist attraction in the region is the snow, it's not the only means of entertainment that Les Arcs has to offer. Non-skiers also head to the area to enjoy a wide range of activities which include:
- Paragliding: This is a sport of flying parachutes where the players are suspended in the air. It's a super way to relax if you are doing it for fun. There is no better way to enjoy the place's marvelous scenery than being suspended on the air while attached to a flying expert.
- Helicopter Tour: Want a more relaxing and fun experience to enjoy the scenery? Take a helicopter tour of the Alps. They can last from ten minutes to an hour, and you are guaranteed an incredible experience.
- Sleigh ride: Make your Les Arcs tour an unforgettable one by taking a sleigh ride around the town, which is available daytime and at night time. There are companies around Arc 1950 that can provide a guided trip. If you want to drive some husky dogs, or go on a trip on a horse-drawn sleigh, be sure that you will get it in this Alps town.
Night events here are truly mesmerizing and enjoyable. A common event that is always held during the nights is the après ski. Les Arcs has numerous bars that pump up with live bands, pool tables, bars, board games, and show sports. There is also a variety of drinks to enjoy.
How to get to Les Arcs
The nearest airports to Les Arcs are Geneva and Lyon. As part of your Ski Package, Italy Luxury Tours will provide you with a Private Transfer to and from your Hotel
There is no shortage of Accommodation in Les Arcs. A wide array of accommodation exists in the region. Your Ski Package will include accommodation in 4* Boutique and 5* Luxury Hotels and Chalet. The Hotels provide access to the slopes via lifts.
Book a Les Arc ski package today. Contact us at 1 855 539 0045.
- 7 Nights/8 Days
- 4* Boutique or 5* Luxury Hotel or Chalet
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transfers to and from Airport
- Day Excursions and Private Guided Tour
- Ski Passes and Ski Instructor on request
- Meals: Half or Full Board
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in France