The Italy Grand Tour can be best described as a majestic experience that starts with your arrival in Venice and a private guided tour with an exclusive gondola ride reserved for you.
The panoramic tours on water continue in the Tri-Islands Laguna where you can explore the famous islands of the Venice Lagoon and then transfer to the fashion capital of Milan and Lake Como, the luxurious hotspot of many celebrities.
Seeing the charm of Italy continues with the rest of the days - where you'll get to visit the towns of Pisa, Lucca and the amazing coastal and colorful villages of The Cinque Terre.
After this amazing visit, it's time to take a stroll and taste some of the best wines in Tuscany with the amazing Art and History of Florence. Then on to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, the amazing Amalfi Coast and Capri to visit the Blue Grotto.
The end of the tour is reserved for 2 full-day tours of Rome and Vatican - so that you can remember Italy in the best light.
Day 01: Venice Arrival | On your arrival at Venice Airport, our local English speaking representative will be waiting to welcome you to Venice. You will be transferred by private limo and then by private motor boat to your hotel in central Venice. Rest of the day is at leisure. For overseas Flight arrivals, we suggest an early dinner with a good night sleep. Overnight in Venice.
Day 02: Venice Private Guided Tour with Gondola Ride and Bacari Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Enjoy a 4-hour enchanting walking tour of Venice: 2 Hours in the morning and 2 Hours in the afternoon with lunch at leisure. You will first admire all the landmarks of the famous St. Mark’s Square, the former political centre of the Venetian Republic. You will enter St. Mark’s Church with its breathtaking glittering mosaics. Then you enter the Gothic Doge’s Palace, where the Doge, the ‘leader’ lived and together with his advisors and politicians decided the fate of Europe in the 15th and 16th C. You will admire in the courtyard the impressive Giants’ Staircase, then ascend the magnificent Renaissance Golden Staircase and reach the amazing rooms decorated with paintings by Veronese, Tintoretto and Titian. You will cross the well-known Bridge of Sighs to walk through the empty cells of the former prison building. Leaving the crowd behind, strolling about the narrow alleys, you will see the non-touristy areas of the city. You tour will continue first to Santa Maria Formosa and then to Campo St. Giovanni e Paolo – The “Pantheon” of Venice, the great School of Charity. Admire Marco Polo House and Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and main street for the city shopping.
- In the late afternoon meet with our expert Guide-Sommelier for a “ Bacari Tour “, she will introduce you the hidden Venice by this food & wine experience. The Bacari, local down-to-earth version of wine bars, serve tapas like “cicheti”, traditionally washed down with a glass of wine. At the end of the tour enjoy a Private Gondola ride. Overnight in Venice.
Day 03: Day at Leisure or Optional Tour: Murano and Burano Islands Private Boat Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby. Murano is the Venice island famous for its glassmaking; here you will visit a laboratory of a Venetian glass master to admire him at work while create its works of art. Murano as center for glass making starts in 1291 when the Venetian Republic, to avoid the risk of fire and destruction of the wooden houses, ordered to glassmaker to move their foundries to Murano. Stop in Burano, the most colourful Venice Island famous for its lace making and its picturesque fishermen's houses painted in bright pastel colors. Return to Venice for lunch and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Venice.
Day 04: Transfer from Venice to Lake Como via Milan | Breakfast at the Hotel. Private Transfer by boat and meet your Driver at Piazzale Roma. Today, travel through the Veneto and Lombardy countryside, On route to your Hotel on Lake Como, stop in Milan. Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon enjoy a Milan Private Guided Tour. Together with your Private Guide, visit Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece, The Last Supper. Stop by the alluring Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping gallery. Visit the medieval Sforza Castle. Next, tour the splendid Duomo and the fabulous La Scala Opera House. Late afternoon continue to your Lake Como Hotel. Overnight on Lake Como.
Day 05: Lake Como Private Guided Tour | Breakfast at the Hotel. Today enjoy a beautiful and relaxing private day trip to Lake Como to see the city of Como and its jewel, Bellagio.
- Your driver and Guide will pick you up at your hotel in Bellagio and drive you to Como historic city center, where you will visit its architectural wonders to include the Duomo, the Broletto, the Temple of Volta, and Terragni Palace. You can make an optional visit to the Educational Silk Museum, featuring machines, objects, documents, samples and instruments from Como’s textile industry, which earned the town its nickname “City of Silk.”
- Your private tour then takes you to Bellagio, one of the Italy’s most breathtaking towns. After lunch in a characteristic local restaurant, enjoy a guided walking tour in the historical center. From the lakefront reach La Punta (the tip of the peninsula), where the three arms of the lake divide. Visit St. James church then continue to the beautiful little borough of Pescallo. Walk by Villa Giulia and head back to the Como side of the lake, to see the little fishing harbour of Loppia. Overnight on Lake Como.
Day 06: Lake Como | Florence Private Guided Tour | After breakfast at the Hotel, meet your driver in the lobby for a Private Transfer to your hotel in Florence. After Lunch at leisure your private guide will meet you at your hotel for your private walking tour of the city. Florence's rich past as the cultural centre of the Italian Renaissance can still be seen today in the wealth of art gathered here and in the preservation of its splendid architecture. The tour includes visits of the Duomo and the Baptistery, the Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, and the famous Accademia Gallery (entrance fee included). Overnight in Florence.
Day 07: Pisa and Lucca Private Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Once in Pisa, you will be met by personal guide and the tour starts in the incredible Piazza dei Miracoli: here you can admire the baptistery and the famous Leaning Tower, together with a guided visit in the majestic Cathedral. Lunch in a Characteristic Local Restaurant before the departure for Lucca.
- In Lucca, famous for its still intact walls, your Tour Guide will lead you to the enchanting old town center walking along a section of the walls and enjoying a breathtaking view over the rooftops. Visit or pass by Anfiteatro Square, Guinigi Tower, San Martino Cathedral and stroll along the picturesque streets of antique shops. Late afternoon return to Florence. Overnight in Florence.
Day 08: Day at Leisure or Optional Tour: Cinque Terre Private Guided Tour | Breakfast at the Hotel. Meet your Private Guide at the Hotel Lobby for a Private Tour of The Cinque Terre (5 Lands), featuring some of the Mediterranean's most picturesque seaside villages. A combination of easy walks, village visits, train rides and a short boat trip between the atmospheric villages makes this the ideal visit to the Cinque Terre. Lunch in a characteristic Liguria restaurant. Your private Guide will share great stories about each charming village, as The Cinque Terre is a string of five fishing villages perched high on the Italian Riviera, which until recently were linked only by mule tracks and accessible only by rail or water. An ancient system of footpaths is still the best way to visit the five villages: Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. Late afternoon return to your Hotel in Florence.
Day 09: San Gimignano and Siena Private Guided Tour | After breakfast at the Hotel, meet your driver and guide in the lobby.
- You will visit San Gimignano, a fantastic example of medieval architecture declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, famous for its medieval skyscrapers. These tower houses were built by local families at the height of the Guelph-Ghibelline conflict. Stop in a Wine Estate where you will enjoy a Lunch/Food a Wine Tasting.
- Then continue on to Siena, Italy's loveliest medieval city. Enjoy a private guided visit of the old city center; walk along the narrow medieval streets, you will admire the splendid Cathedral, the Libreria Piccolomini and Piazza del Campo, where the famous Palio horse race is held twice a year, overlooked by the Palazzo del Comune. Free time to stroll around, before returning to your hotel in Florence.
Day 10: Florence - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento | Breakfast at the Hotel. This morning you will be privately transferred to Florence train station where you will board a fast train in First Class for Naples. When you reach you be greeted by your driver that will transfer to Sorrento. On route first enjoy Lunch at a characteristic local restaurant then meet your Guide to enjoy a Private Guided Tour of Pompeii. Walk down the streets of the ancient city of Pompeii for a glimpse into the life of the Romans. Pompeii is one of the most important archaeological sites in Italy and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, drawing travellers from across the world each year. Pompeii was buried under lava and ash from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and lay forgotten for hundreds of years. With its public baths, amphitheater, Roman temples and brothels, a tour of Pompeii is like a journey into the past. Continue to your hotel in Sorrento. Overnight in Sorrento
Day 11: Day at Leisure or Optional Tour: Full Day Capri Private Guided Tour | This morning you will be private transferred to Sorrento Marina Piccola to meet your guide and to board a fast ferry to Capri. First visit Marina Grande with his classy restaurants and sidewalk cafés. Then to Anacapri, 1,800 feet above sea level, where you will visit Villa San Michele and the Axel Munthe Gardens. Continue to the main town of Capri, where you can visit La Piazzetta, the Gardens of Augustus, Faraglioni, and the distinctive rocks. After lunch in a characteristic Caprese restaurant, you will visit, weather permitting, the incredible Blue Grotto. Capri is a very exclusive travel destination, it is here to spot the occasional unassuming celebrity (Paparazzi as well unfortunately). Late afternoon you will re-board the fast ferry to Sorrento. Have a lovely evening and night in Sorrento.
Day 12: Full Day Amalfi Coast Private Guided Tour | Today travel along one of the most intriguing coastline in the world, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello... The small houses along the mountain on top of each other, the breathtaking cliffs, the lemon and olive trees, the small bays, the Saracen watch towers, the narrow tiny street make this place unique in the world. First you will visit Positano, an exclusive little village famous for its latest fashion trends and exclusive night life. Continue on to Amalfi, once a powerful Maritime Republic and today a refined travel resort. Enjoy lunch in a characteristic Amalfi Coast fish restaurant. Then let us take you up to Villa Rufolo in Ravello, with spectacular view over the entire Amalfi Coast. Return to Sorrento for an overnight
Day 13: Sorrento - Rome | After Breakfast meet your driver at the hotel lobby. Enjoy a Private transfer from your Sorrento Hotel to your hotel in Central Rome. Check in at the Hotel and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Rome.
Day 14: Private Guided Vatican Tour | In the morning meet your driver at the Hotel lobby to be transferred to the Vatican for a 4 hours Vatican Private Guided tour.
- First Visit Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms. Here we will spend plenty of time to absorb the atmosphere of this unique building. You will learn about the life and times of Michaelangelo at the Vatican, his relationship with Pope Julius II and relive how he worked and lived.
- You will then move onto visit Saint Peter’s Basilica – the world’s most famous and largest Catholic Church. The final part of the tour will focus on Saint Peter’s Square; here you will have time to admire Michaelangelo’s Dome and Bernini’s colonnades. Late morning return you to the hotel. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 15: Private Guided Ancient Rome Tour | After breakfast meet your driver and guide at the hotel lobby.
- Morning Private tour of the wonders of the Ancient Romans. You will be transported back to the days of the Caesars and the Roman legions as you visit, together with your private local guide. This tour begins with a visit to the most famous monument of Ancient Rome - the Colosseum. From here, your guide will take you through the Roman Forum, which was the center of politics as well as public life in Ancient Rome. Lunch and afternoon at leisure. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 16: Rome - Rome Airport | After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a Private Transfer to Rome Airport.
- 3 Nights Venice
- 2 Night Lake Como
- 4 Nights in Florence
- 3 Nights Sorrento
- 3 Nights Rome
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transportation by Mercedes E or V Class with English Speaking Driver
- Private Guided Tours with Professional Local Guides | Door to Door Service
- Entrances to Museums, Galleries, Archeological Parks and other Venues
- Breakfast at Hotels, All Food & Wine Tours/Enogastronomic and Most Lunches.
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in Italy
- Details up on request
Prices in Euro
Package Starting Prices based on Double Occupancy in
4* Boutique Hotels
€ 7,985 per person
5* Luxury Hotels
€ (On Request) per person