This tour combines the very best of central and southern Italy, introducing you to The Eternal City of Rome and the luxurious hotspots named Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. You will be able to part with celebrities, taste the best wines in this region and explore the mythical places in South Italy such as the Amalfi Coast which is known as the finest mix of ancient culture, tradition and modern tourism.
The landscapes, sunsets, sunrises and looks on Italy from the blue waters are amazing. Even when you are in Rome, you will feel like a true Italian and enjoy a private tour of the city's main sites. From the Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon, the guided and underground tours will satisfy anyone's taste for luxury.
And just in case you are wondering what Sorrento and Pompeii are all about, they are both ancient cities and one of the biggest archaeological sites that date back to the Roman empire, protected by UNESCO as world heritage sites.
Day 01: Arrive in Rome Your arrival in Italy will begin at the airport in Rome of your choosing. Once disembarked, proceed through the passport control area and be sure to collect your luggage from the customs area. Once cleared for travel, you’ll enjoy a private transfer to your hotel in Sorrento. You’ll enjoy the rest of your day at your leisure before your grand adventure begins in the morning. Guests arriving on overseas flights are strongly urged to enjoy an early dinner before turning in for a goodnight’s sleep at their hotel in Sorrento.
Day 02: Capri Guided Tours with Limoncello and Blue Grotto Tours Your first full day in Italy will begin with breakfast at your hotel before you’ll embark on a private guided tour of Capri. This classical tour includes a stop at Marina Grande and the village of Anacapri, which is located 1,800 feet above sea level. Here you’ll take a chairlift to Monte Solaro where you can visit Villa San Michele and the famed Axel Munthe Gardens. Tours continue on to the town of Capri with stops at the Gardens of Augustus, La Piazzetta and Faraglioni. You’ll also enjoy a chance to visit with a Limoncello maker, where you’ll learn how Capril’s famed “digestive” is made. The afternoon will include lunch at a traditional Caprese restaurant and a stop at Blue Grotto where you can take in the renowned Faraglioni rocks and caves. After leaving the luxury of Capri, you’ll return to your hotel in Sorrento.
Day 03: Amalfi Coast Guided Tours Be sure to fuel up on breakfast at your hotel in Sorrento before meeting up with your driver in the hotel’s lobby. Today, you’ll get to take in the beauty that makes Italy’s Amalfi Coastline one of the most famous on the planet. You’ll get to see Amalfi, Ravello, Positano and the region’s small houses, awe-inspiring cliffs, olive and lemon trees, beaches and the Saracen watch towers, among other attractions. This region’s beauty, narrow roads and rich history combine to make it so unique and precious, it’s even recognized by UNESCO World Heritage. On the morning leg of your tour, you’ll visit Positano. This little village has made a big name for itself in the fashion industry. After that, you’ll continue on to Amalfi before visiting Villa Rufolo in Ravello. A return to Sorrento for an overnight stay will top off the day.
Day 04: Day at Leisure or *Optional Tour: Sorrento Villages Tour and Terranova Farm Tours this day start off with breakfast at your hotel before the adventure turns to The Terranova Farm. This delightful farmhouse is a favorite holiday destination that is located near the Le Tore nature preserve in Santa Agata dei Due Golfi. Covering 6 acres, the farm boasts staircase terraces that gently lead toward the sea. This luxury tour also includes a chance to see Li Galli and the Vetara Islands where legend says mermaids made themselves known to the brave Ulysses. Once you arrive at the farm, you will be greeted by the owner for quick refreshments before you enjoy a private stroll around the grounds to take in the scenery. You will be able to pick provisions for lunch and then find yourself treated to a hands-on cooking lesson where you’ll learn the art of creating mozzarella. Southern style pizza-making is also on the lesson plan. Lunch will include fresh farm produce. After saying goodbye to the farm, your tour will continue in the afternoon. Stops will include Nerano Village and Marina del Cantone, along with the Massa Lubrense coastline and its stunning view of Capri Island. You’ll top off the day with a sampling of true Italian gelato before overnighting at your hotel in Sorrento.
Day 05: Sorrento, Pompeii and Rome – On this day, your tours will include some of the classical sites that make Italy such an important historic treasure. Fuel up with breakfast at your hotel before enjoying a private transfer to your new hotel in Rome. Once settled in, you’ll go on a private guided tour of ancient Pompeii. Here you will be able to walk upon this ancient city’s streets while gaining an understanding of what life might have been like in Roman times. Pompeii is considered one of the most significant archaeological sites in all of Italy and the world. Given its distinction, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. This is the city that felt the wrath of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Buried under ash and lava for centuries, the city’s public baths, amphitheater, brothels and Roman temples were all well-preserved. Now meticulously uncovered, these sites will give you a chance to journey into the ancient past and truly see how people once lived in the shadow of Vesuvius. Once you’ve taken in Pompeii’s sights, you’ll return to your hotel in Rome for the rest of the day at your leisure and an overnight stay.
Day 06: Private Guided Vatican Tour | In the morning meet your driver at the Hotel lobby to be transferred to the Vatican for a 4 hours Vatican Private Guided tour.
- First Visit Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms. Here we will spend plenty of time to absorb the atmosphere of this unique building. You will learn about the life and times of Michelangelo at the Vatican, his relationship with Pope Julius II and relive how he worked and lived.
- You will then move onto visit Saint Peter’s Basilica – the world’s most famous and largest Catholic Church. The final part of the tour will focus on Saint Peter’s Square; here you will have time to admire Michelangelo's Dome and Bernini’s colonnades. Late morning return you to the hotel. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 07: Private Guided Ancient Rome Tour | After breakfast meet your driver and guide at the hotel lobby.
- Morning Private tour of the Wonders of the Ancient Romans. You will be transported back to the days of the Caesars and the Roman legions as you visit, together with your private local guide. This tour begins with a visit to the most famous monument of Ancient Rome - the Colosseum. From here, your guide will take you through the Roman Forum, which was the center of politics as well as public life in Ancient Rome. Lunch and afternoon at leisure. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 08: Your Departure Home Your luxury tour of classical Italy will come to a close on this day. Following breakfast at the hotel, you’ll enjoy a private transfer to your airport in Rome.
- 4 Nights Sorrento: Hotel La Minervetta 4* or Similar
- 3 Nights Rome: Hotel Barocco 4* 0r Similar
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transportation by Mercedes E or V Class with English Speaking Driver
- Private Guided Tours with Professional Local Guides | Door to Door Service
- Entrances to Museums, Galleries, Archeological Parks and other Venues
- Breakfast at Hotels, All Food & Wine Tours/Enogastronomic and Most Lunches.
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in Italy
- Details up on request
Prices in Euro
Package Starting Prices based on Double Occupancy in
4* Boutique Hotels
€ 4,785 per person
5* Luxury Hotels
€ (On Request) per person