Italy is known as the birthplace of art as we know it - but also as one of the countries with the most vibrant art scene over the years. And although it is impossible to visit every single city in Italy and get to know its art influence, our tour lets you take a stroll and experience some of the most important cities in Italy inspired and built with the love for art.
From Venice to Florence, Pisa and Lucca, San Gimignano and Siena as well as Vatican and Rome, you will be surrounded by arts in every visit and able to absorb the atmosphere of the unique buildings, lovely squares and amazing masterpieces in some of the world's most famous museums.
There are very few places in the world that are as steeped in history and artistic beauty as Italy. Treating yourself and your family to an Italy art and history tour is a one of a kind holiday that will always be one of your fondest vacation memories.
Our private guided tours are hosted by English speaking tour guides and will exclusively present you to the very best of the art scene in Italy.
Day 01: Venice Arrival | On your arrival at Venice Airport, our local English speaking representative will be waiting to welcome you to Venice. You will be transferred by private limo and then by private motor boat to your hotel in central Venice. Rest of the day is at leisure. For overseas Flight arrivals, we suggest an early dinner with a good night sleep. Overnight in Venice.
Day 02: Venice Private Guided Tour with Gondola Ride and Bacari Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Enjoy a 4-hour enchanting walking tour of Venice: 2 Hours in the morning and 2 Hours in the afternoon with lunch at leisure. You will first admire all the landmarks of the famous St. Mark’s Square, the former political centre of the Venetian Republic. You will enter St. Mark’s Church with its breathtaking glittering mosaics. Then you enter the Gothic Doge’s Palace, where the Doge, the ‘leader’ lived and together with his advisors and politicians decided the fate of Europe in the 15th and 16th C. You will admire in the courtyard the impressive Giants’ Staircase, then ascend the magnificent Renaissance Golden Staircase and reach the amazing rooms decorated with paintings by Veronese, Tintoretto and Titian. You will cross the well-known Bridge of Sighs to walk through the empty cells of the former prison building. Leaving the crowd behind, strolling about the narrow alleys, you will see the non-touristy areas of the city. You tour will continue first to Santa Maria Formosa and then to Campo St. Giovanni e Paolo – The “Pantheon” of Venice, the great School of Charity. Admire Marco Polo House and Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and main street for the city shopping.
- Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon meet with our expert Guide-Sommelier for a “ Bacari Tour “, she will introduce you the hidden Venice by this food & wine experience. The Bacari, local down-to-earth version of wine bars, serve tapas like “cicheti”, traditionally washed down with a glass of wine. At the end of the tour enjoy a Private Gondola ride. Overnight in Venice.
Day 03: Day at Leisure or Optional Tour: Murano and Burano Islands Private Boat Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby. Murano is the Venice island famous for its glassmaking; here you will visit a laboratory of a Venetian glass master to admire him at work while create its works of art. Murano as center for glass making starts in 1291 when the Venetian Republic, to avoid the risk of fire and destruction of the wooden houses, ordered to glassmaker to move their foundries to Murano. Stop in Burano, the most colourful Venice Island famous for its lace making and its picturesque fishermen's houses painted in bright pastel colors. Return to Venice for lunch and rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Venice.
Day 04: Venice - Florence | Breakfast at the Hotel. Private Transfer by boat and meet your Driver at Piazzale Roma to transfer you to your hotel in Florence. Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon meet your guide at the hotel lobby for your private walking tour of the city. Florence's rich past as the cultural centre of the Italian Renaissance can still be seen today in the wealth of art gathered here and in the preservation of its splendid architecture. The tour includes visits of the Duomo and the Baptistery, the Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, and the famous Accademia Gallery (entrance fee included). Overnight in Florence.
Day 05: Pisa and Lucca Private Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Once in Pisa, you will be met by personal guide and the tour starts in the incredible Piazza dei Miracoli: here you can admire the baptistery and the famous Leaning Tower, together with a guided visit in the majestic Cathedral. Lunch in a Characteristic Local Restaurant before the departure for Lucca.
- In Lucca, famous for its still intact walls, your Tour Guide will lead you to the enchanting old town center walking along a section of the walls and enjoying a breathtaking view over the rooftops. Visit or pass by Anfiteatro Square, Guinigi Tower, San Martino Cathedral and stroll along the picturesque streets of antique shops. Late afternoon return to Florence. Overnight in Florence.
Day 09: San Gimignano and Siena Private Guided Tour | After breakfast at the Hotel, meet your driver and guide in the lobby.
- You will visit San Gimignano, a fantastic example of medieval architecture declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, famous for its medieval skyscrapers. These tower houses were built by local families at the height of the Guelph-Ghibelline conflict. Stop in a Wine Estate where you will enjoy a Lunch/Food a Wine Tasting.
- Then continue on to Siena, Italy's loveliest medieval city. Enjoy a private guided visit of the old city center; walk along the narrow medieval streets, you will admire the splendid Cathedral, the Libreria Piccolomini and Piazza del Campo, where the famous Palio horse race is held twice a year, overlooked by the Palazzo del Comune. Free time to stroll around, before returning to your hotel in Florence.
Day 07: Florence - Rome | Breakfast at the Hotel. This morning you will be privately transferred to your Hotel in Central Rome. The journey will be approximately 3 Hours. Up on arrival check in a the Hotel and spend the afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Rome
Day 08: Vatican Private Guided Tours | After Breakfast meet your driver and guide at the hotel lobby.
- First Visit Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms. Here we will spend plenty of time to absorb the atmosphere of this unique building. You will learn about the life and times of Michelangelo at the Vatican, his relationship with Pope Julius II and relive how he worked and lived.
- You will then move onto visit Saint Peter’s Basilica – the world’s most famous and largest Catholic Church. The final part of the tour will focus on Saint Peter’s Square; here you will have time to admire Michelangelo's Dome and Bernini’s colonnades. Late afternoon return you to the hotel. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 09: Private Guided Ancient Rome | After breakfast meet your driver and guide at the hotel lobby.
- Morning Private tour of the wonders of the Ancient Romans. You will be transported back to the days of the Caesars and the Roman legions as you visit, together with your private local guide. This tour begins with a visit to the most famous monument of Ancient Rome - the Colosseum. From here, your guide will take you through the Roman Forum, which was the center of politics as well as public life in Ancient Rome. Lunch and afternoon at leisure. *Afternoon Optional Tours available. Overnight in Rome.
Day 10: Rome - Rome Airport | After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a Private Transfer to Rome Airport.
- 3 Nights Venice: Hotel Ruzzini Palace 4* or Similar
- 3 Nights Florence: Hotel degli Orafi 4* or Similar
- 3 Nights Rome: Hotel Barocco 4* 0r Similar
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transportation by Mercedes E or V Class with English Speaking Driver
- Private Guided Tours with Professional Local Guides | Door to Door Service
- Entrances to Museums, Galleries, Archeological Parks and other Venues
- Breakfast at Hotels, All Food & Wine Tours/Enogastronomic and Most Lunches.
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in Italy
- Details up on request
Prices in Euro
Tour Package Price per person starting from:
4* Standard Hotels
€ 3,985 per person
5* Luxury Hotels
€ (On Request) per person