Davos Resort, located on the east side of Switzerland at the heart of Graubünden, rose into fame in the early 1990s due to hosting the World Economic Forum, an annual event generally conducted during the winter season by International politicians and financers. Davos divides into two parts; the Platz and the Dorf. Platz is for commercial activities such as hotel businesses and shops, while Dorf is the place for accessing the Ski slopes.
Best time to be in Davos
Davos has plenty of activities taking place all round the year. For those who love skiing and snowboarding, visit December to April. In the Summer, enjoy hiking, hockey, tennis courts, badminton, and horse riding. During spring, explore the Lakes on the resort's outskirts and get to enjoy gorgeous waterfalls.
While in Davos, you may want to discover Zugenschlucht and admire the romantic Gorge. Then there is a fantastic railway line and a Mining Museum at Schmelzboden. Do not miss Schatzalp, the Alpine Botanical Garden, a place with beautiful scenery with over 800 different plant species from all parts of the world. The Garden is significantly more attractive in June and July when the flowers blossoms. Sertigtal, too, is another place to explore. Go there and get to go for a ride by a horse-drawn carriage.
The Ski Area
Davos ski slopes are linked to other slopes such as Klosters for a total of six ski areas. The ski area is 300km, suited for beginners, intermediaries, and expert skiers.
Unlike many ski resorts in Switzerland, Davos was not initially a ski resort, but with time it became one due to skiers and snowboarders who went there for the slopes. There are, however, museums in the place for the history lovers to go and get to know more of the village's historical background. Some of the museums available include the Kirchner Museum, a site to visit and see the world's most extensive collection of artistic work. Zurich's architects also designed the museum's building in its traditional way. It's one of the sites that attract significant attention with its architectural circle. The Winter Sports Museum contains well-preserved exhibits of winter equipment and documents, among many others.
The events here run throughout the year. You will certainly not get bored. Note that most of the events that take place in Davos usually involve physical activity. There are many events conducted here, especially during the night after a long day of winter sports.
- The O'Neil SB-JAM is one of the annual events of freestyle snowboarding that takes place here in Davos, with everyone having the chance to participate. This snowboarding event typically happens from December to January.
- A Young Artists Concert is another annual event usually conducted in July and August. It's where young musicians from all parts of the world perform at the Davos Conference Centre.
- Other events include playgrounds and adventure parks, and international hiking rally.
- Hockey games are also available here in the Valliant Arena. You could also visit the place to watch the World's Famous Hockey Club play.
There are many restaurants in Davos that offer local and International Cuisine, depending on your choice and budget. The Meierhof restaurant, for example, has special local fondue, among many other dishes.
There are stylish and classy Hotels here to accommodate every visitor's needs and budget. Your Ski Package will include accommodation in 4* Boutique or 5* Luxury Hotels providing access to the slopes via lifts.
How to get to Davos
The nearest International airport to Davos is Zurich Airport (ZRH). As part of your Ski Package, Italy Luxury Tours will provide you with a Private Transfer to and from your Hotel.
Visit Davos at any time of the year, depending on the type of activity you seek. Book your package now and visit the ideal sports tourist village mountain, regardless of the season.
Contact us at 1 855 539 0045
- 7 Nights/8 Days
- 4* Boutique or 5* Luxury Hotel or Chalet
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transfers to and from Airport
- Day Excursions and Private Guided Tours
- Ski Passes and Ski Instructor on request
- Meals: Half or Full Board
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in Switzerland