Are you looking for a ski package in one of the most amazing areas, a destination that will enlighten your holiday with new and exciting experiences? Matterhorn Zermatt resort is the ideal place for you.
Zermatt is one of the most prestigious Ski Resorts in Switzerland, located on a high-altitude mountain. It is a town situated in Visp’s district in the German-Speaking part of the canton of Valos. It has an estimated population of around 5800 inhabitants, and it is located around the Matterhorn mountain range.
It is surrounded by 38 summits that are above 4000m. It’s one of the most visited towns globally, with visitors coming from all the four corners of the world. Whether it’s in winter or summer, Zermatt is always flocked with visitors who come to either hike, admire the place, climb mountains, or even participate in bike sports. Zermatt is known to have 200km of pistes with another 160km of pistes as a result of it being linked by the latest highly developed and designed lift and piste to Cervinia, Italy.
Best time to visit Zermatt
We would recommend you visit the Zermatt mountain village around November to April for ski and high altitude mountaineering lovers. The ski enthusiasts who can ski in all types of snow may want to visit the place in March. For those interested in just hiking SPA, relaxing, and guided tours, you could come during summer, usually around June to October. Book a Zermatt ski package for the best holiday experience. Ski all you want, and for beginners, get started with the training as soon as you can.
Three areas offer ski open slopes for beginners. The more advanced ski areas are found around Tiefbach, Aeroleid, or Momatt, depending on their choice. All of the three ski slopes go up to 3100m. The slopes are long for the utmost fun and are also open throughout the day. The lifts in Zermatt begin working from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm during the midwinter, while in April, the ski hours could go up to 6 pm, depending on the weather. The lifts are known to go up to 12000 feet above sea level.
- The Zermatt resort has slick lift systems, which improves as time goes by, with the highest in the world being the 25-cabin gondola lift that links Trockener Steg to the highest mountain (Klein Matterhorn). The lift system is designed to go at high speed, climbing the mountain station in nine minutes, covering a height of around 2200m vertically and thirteen kilometers.
- There are three ways to get to this Klein Matterhorn mountain from the town of Zermatt. The first is by use of the Sunnegga underground. The second is through a beautiful train ride (Gornergrat) that takes one to the mountain comfortably. The last one is through the gondola car located at the southern end of the village, which connects to the cable car directed to the Klein Matterhorn.
- The gondola car gets one to the lift, to Italy, and many other places. It’s like a village taxi since the Zermatt village is a car-free village. With the three ways to get to the mountain, you, therefore, need not worry about how to get there.
- There is no need to worry about skiing because Zermatt has plenty of snow slopes due to the artificial snowmaking throughout the season. Therefore people can go there for ski sports at any time during the winter season with no worries. The Winter season is usually from November to the end of April. There is no official opening in the Zermatt resort. Any time of the year is okay because of the artificial snowmaking.
- The Matterhorn glacier is the highest station reached by cable car in Europe with an altitude of 3883m and 360km of pistes that faces all the parts around, including the Cervinia Valtournenche resorts in Italy. It’s an exciting scenery to admire.
The Zermatt has events going on throughout the year for everyone to enjoy. In March, ski touring and heliskiing is recommended. While in April, there is a music festival arranged for entertaining everyone there. There are many more events that do take place throughout the year. The Theodul Glacier is accessible by the Klein Matterhorn cable car; this enables Zermatt to have summer skiing. Most of the world’s skiers typically come here during the summer to have their ski training. Besides skiing, one can engage in other activities such as mountain climbing, biking, and watching traditional raclette.
There are plenty of Hotels in Zermatt. You will find several 4* Boutique and 5* Hotels near the ski area. As part of your Ski Package, Italy Luxury Tours will provide you with the accommodation that best suits your needs and requirements.
The food on Zermatt’s mountain is one of a kind. Delicious foods from all parts of the world, including local foods, are prepared in high-rated restaurants around the mountain. There are several restaurants with good services and excellent meals.
How to get to Zermatt
There are direct flights available to Geneva (GVA) and Zurich (ZRH) Airports from all the European cities with flights from New York, Los Angeles, and Tokyo. As part of your Ski Package, Italy Luxury Tours will provide you with a Private Transfer to and from your Hotel.
Book a Ski Package to Zermatt Resort for a fun holiday and relaxation time.
Contact us at 1 855 539 0045