Rome & Lazio
Rome and Lazio Travel Destination Guide
Rome and Lazio (Latium) – The Eternal City and Its Natural Background
Lazio region is one of the largest regions in Italy covering The Eternal City of Rome as well as its borders with Lazio, which is a region mainly considered for its landscapes, natural thermal waters, castles and wine touring activities.
Rome Private Tours – The City of Love
Rome is the most historical town in Italy, coming from the time of the Great Roman Empire. It is a town that simply bursts out with culture, tradition and history blended in every single corner of the city. They say love is divine and forever in the air in Rome, and it is not hard to believe when you get to visit the city. Plentiful with attractions and things to do, Rome is a big city that is worth seeing more than once, even if you get to see everything.
Our Rome Private Tours offer a variety of activities tailored to the taste of every traveler. One of the best tours to Rome’s landmarks are the following:
- The Colosseum, one of the most ancient architectures in the city of Rome and an iconic symbol of Imperial Rome.
- Tours to The Vatican City, a walled enclave within Rome and the smallest country in the world with many cultural tours to the St. Peter Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museum; a home of the papacy, St. Peter’s Square and much more.
- The Fountain di Trevi, a fantastic work of art and a symbolic representation of the power of water, probably the most beautiful fountain in the world.
- Tours to Underground Rome and The Catacombs, one of the most remarkable burial places in Italy and mazes of underground tunnels which are both scary and exciting. The names of catacombs in Rome open for private tours are the catacombs on Via Appia Antica, St. Callixtus, St. Domitilla, St. Sebastian and Via Salaria.
- Other Rome Main Highlights: The Pantheon, Piazza Navona, The Spanish Steps, Galleria Borghese, Villa Doria Pamphilj, Palazzo Barberini, Trastevere, The Roman Forum, etc.
Lazio Private Tours
The region of Lazio is pretty big yet still waiting to be discovered. It is mostly landscapes and nature surrounding it as well as the big mountains bordering it and making it a place for many activities.
The volcanic northern reaches of Lazio are perfect for a restorative wallow. Lazio’s hot springs have been one of the most exciting experience for many looking forward to booking their next hot springs tours in Lazio near the province of Viterbo. Therefore, the best tours in Lazio and things to do include the following:
- Tours to Castello di Proceno, a medieval affair castle
- Tours to the nature reserve Monte Rufeno
- Garden Tour of Tivoli to explore its two UNESCO enlisted Villas – Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este
- Tours to hot springs Il Bagnaccio in Viterbo
- Wine tours in Sergio Mottura, featuring some of the best wines in the area between Rome and Florence
- Food tours at La Tana dell’ Orso, a countryside restaurant surrounded by vineyards, market gardens and oak woods and a charming venue for a long lunch or dinner in the summer, offering premium coregone (whitefish) eel, as well as lamb meat
- Tours to Lake Bolsena, largest of the three volcanic lakes north of Rome
- Tours to Vignanello, a labyrinth garden with immaculately clipped box hedges: A unique experience.
Wine and Food Tours to Castelli Romani
On a short distance from Rome lies a day-experience worth for everyone. The food and wine tours in Castelli Romani, Roman castle hill towns are remarkable experiences, not only from the fact that you will discover the best of Italian food but also be surrounded by two incredible volcanic crater lakes – Lago di Nemi and Lago di Albano.
Private Tours from Rome to Castelli Romani are led by a local certified sommelier/guide. This allows you to visit the winery and experience the food and wine the best possible way.