Italy's best known as the land of 'La Dolce Vita' or in translation, the sweet life. This tour is the best way to summarize that lifestyle in 12 days full of adventure.
From the watery Venice to the artsy Florence, the city of the leaning tower - Pisa, Rome and The Vatican, Naples as well as the charming Amalfi Coast, Sorrento and Capri, you will see everything that makes Italy so special.
Experiencing the 'Dolce Vita' has never been any easier, and the lovely squares, breathtaking sceneries and ancient architecture are the best proof of that. From sidewalk cafes to wine tasting experience, you will see Italy from north to south, including the capital Rome where the tour ends with a special guide on the Eternal City's history, architecture and all the treasures hidden inside it.
Italy is a country known for the fantastic churches, monuments and historic landmarks emphasizing the times of the ancient culture and many generations.
Day 01: Venice Arrival | On your arrival at Venice Airport, our local representative will be waiting to welcome you to Venice. You will be transferred first by private limo and then by private motor launch to your hotel in central Venice. Rest of the day is for you to spend at leisure. Overnight in Venice.
Day 02: Venice Private Guided Tour with Gondola Ride and Bacari Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Start with an enchanting panoramic tour over the history of St. Mark’s Square and its main monuments: You will visit the Cathedral of Venice, St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace, fourteenth century building from where the ancient Venetian republic exerted the control over the city. Then continue with a walking discovery of Venice backstreets and alleyways, away from the tourist crowds
- Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon meet with our expert Guide-Sommelier for a “ Bacari Tour “, she will introduce you the hidden Venice by this food & wine experience. The Bacari, local down-to-earth version of wine bars, serve tapas like “cicheti”, traditionally washed down with a glass of wine. At the end of the tour enjoy a Private Gondola ride. Overnight in Venice.
Day 03: Tri-Islands Laguna Private Boat Tour & Masks Atelier Visit | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Explore the famous islands of the Venice Lagoon - Murano, Burano and Torcello - on a private half-day trip. You'll watch glass-blowers at work on Murano, shop for lace on Burano and visit Venice's first church on the tranquil island of Torcello. Return to Venice and after lunch at leisure.
- This afternoon you will visit a Mask Atelier. In the eighteenth century, Venice was renowned for the most famous Carnival in the world. Every social class experienced Carnival, a time of amusement, transgression and creativity. Overnight in Venice.
Day 04: Venice - Florence | Breakfast at the Hotel. Private Transfer by boat and meet your Driver at Piazzale Roma to transfer you to your hotel in Florence. Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon meet your guide at the hotel lobby for your private walking tour of the city. Florence's rich past as the cultural center of the Italian Renaissance can still be seen today in the wealth of art gathered here and in the preservation of its splendid architecture. The tour also includes visits the famous Accademia Gallery. Overnight in Florence.
Day 05: Pisa and Lucca Private Tour | This morning after breakfast meet your Personal Guide at the Hotel lobby.
- Once in Pisa, you will be met by personal guide and the tour starts in the incredible Piazza dei Miracoli: here you can admire the baptistery and the famous Leaning Tower, together with a guided visit in the majestic Cathedral. Lunch in a Characteristic Local Restaurant before the departure for Lucca.
- In Lucca, famous for its still intact walls, your Tour Guide will lead you to the enchanting old town center walking along a section of the walls and enjoying a breathtaking view over the rooftops. Visit or pass by Anfiteatro Square, Guinigi Tower, San Martino Cathedral and stroll along the picturesque streets of antique shops. Late afternoon return to Florence. Overnight in Florence.
Day 06: San Gimignano and Siena Private Guided Tour | After breakfast at the Hotel, meet your driver and guide in the lobby.
- You will visit San Gimignano, a fantastic example of medieval architecture declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, famous for its medieval skyscrapers. These tower houses were built by local families at the height of the Guelph-Ghibelline conflict. Stop in a Wine Estate where you will enjoy a Lunch/Food a Wine Tasting.
- Then continue on to Siena, Italy's loveliest medieval city. Enjoy a private guided visit of the old city center; walk along the narrow medieval streets, you will admire the splendid Cathedral, the Libreria Piccolomini and Piazza del Campo, where the famous Palio horse race is held twice a year, overlooked by the Palazzo del Comune. Free time to stroll around, before returning to your hotel in Florence.
Day 07: Florence - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento | Breakfast at the Hotel. This morning you will be privately transferred to Florence train station where you will board a fast train in First Class for Naples. When you reach you be greeted by your driver that will transfer to Sorrento. On route first enjoy Lunch at a characteristic local restaurant then meet your Guide to enjoy a Private Guided Tour of Pompeii. Walk down the streets of the ancient city of Pompeii for a glimpse into the life of the Romans. Pompeii is one of the most important archaeological sites in Italy and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, drawing travellers from across the world each year. Pompeii was buried under lava and ash from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and lay forgotten for hundreds of years. With its public baths, amphitheater, Roman temples and brothels, a tour of Pompeii is like a journey into the past. Continue to your hotel in Sorrento. Overnight in Sorrento
Day 08: Capri Private Guided Tour with Limoncello & Blue Grotto Tour | This morning you will be private transferred to Sorrento Marina Piccola to meet your guide and to board a fast ferry to Capri. First visit Marina Grande with his classy restaurants and sidewalk cafés. Then to Anacapri, 1,800 feet above sea level, where you will visit Villa San Michele and the Axel Munthe Gardens. Continue to the main town of Capri, where you can visit La Piazzetta, the Gardens of Augustus, Faraglioni, and the distinctive rocks. After lunch in a characteristic Caprese restaurant, you will visit, weather permitting, the incredible Blue Grotto. Capri is a very exclusive travel destination, it is here to spot the occasional unassuming celebrity (Paparazzi as well unfortunately). Late afternoon you will re-board the fast ferry to Sorrento. Have a lovely evening and night in Sorrento.
Day 09: Amalfi Coast Private Guided Tour | Today travel along one of the most intriguing coastline in the world, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello... The small houses along the mountain on top of each other, the breathtaking cliffs, the lemon and olive trees, the small bays, the Saracen watch towers, the narrow tiny street make this place unique in the world. First you will visit Positano, an exclusive little village famous for its latest fashion trends and exclusive night life. Continue on to Amalfi, once a powerful Maritime Republic and today a refined travel resort. Enjoy lunch in a characteristic Amalfi Coast fish restaurant. Then let us take you up to Villa Rufolo in Ravello, with spectacular view over the entire Amalfi Coast. Return to Sorrento for an overnight.
Day 10: Sorrento at Leisure. For 2000 years visitors from all over the world have been attracted to Sorrento by breathtaking sunsets, fragrances of orange and lemon gardens. This evening take a short stroll to reach Theatre Tasso to attend Sorrento Folk Show with Dinner. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 11: Sorrento - Rome - Vatican Private Tour | After Breakfast meet your driver at the hotel lobby. Enjoy a Private transfer from your Sorrento Hotel to your hotel in Central Rome. Check in at the Hotel and lunch at leisure. In the afternoon meet your driver at the Hotel lobby to be transferred to the Vatican for an afternoon Vatican Private Guided tour.
- First Visit Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms. Here we will spend plenty of time to absorb the atmosphere of this unique building. You will learn about the life and times of Michaelangelo at the Vatican, his relationship with Pope Julius II and relive how he worked and lived.
- You will then move onto visit Saint Peter’s Basilica – the world’s most famous and largest Catholic Church. The final part of the tour will focus on Saint Peter’s Square; here you will have time to admire Michaelangelo’s Dome and Bernini’s colonnades. Late afternoon return you to the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Day 12: Private Guided Ancient Rome and Underground Tour | After breakfast meet your driver and guide at the hotel lobby.
- Morning Private tour of the wonders of the Ancient Romans. You will be transported back to the days of the Caesars and the Roman legions as you visit, together with your private local guide. This tour begins with a visit to the most famous monument of Ancient Rome - the Colosseum. From here, your guide will take you through the Roman Forum, which was the center of politics as well as public life in Ancient Rome.
- This afternoon enjoy an Underground Rome Private Guided Tour. Buried under the ground there is a lot of Rome's history, architecture and art treasures hidden. You will visit the Basilica of San Clemente, a unique lesson in Rome's many-layered history. It is many things together: the house of a Roman nobleman, a pagan temple, an ancient lower Basilica dating back to the 4th century and decorated with frescoes; and finally an upper-layer Basilica dating back to the 12th century filled with mosaics. At the end of the tour, your driver will transfer you to the hotel. Overnight in Rome.
Day 13: Rome - Rome Airport | After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a Private Transfer to Rome Airport.
- 3 Nights Venice
- 3 Nights Florence
- 4 Nights Sorrento
- 2 Nights Rome
- Assistance and Porterage at Airports, Train Stations and Hotels
- Private Transportation by Mercedes E or V Class with English Speaking Driver
- Private Guided Tours with Professional Local Guides | Door to Door Service
- Entrances to Museums, Galleries, Archeological Parks and other Venues
- Breakfast at Hotels, All Food & Wine Tours/Enogastronomic and Most Lunches.
- 24/7 Assistance and Support from our Ground Operational Office in Italy
- Details up on request
Prices in Euro
Package Starting Prices based on Double Occupancy in
4* Boutique Hotels
€ 8,495 per person
5* Luxury Hotels
€ 11,495 per person