To experience the best of Central and Southern Italy, you can sign up for a combined tour of Rome, Pompeii, Capri and the Amalfi coast. This full-packed itinerary usually begins in no less than the famous city of Rome before moving on to the grand gardens and villas of Capri.
Depending on the booking agency you choose, a 10-day trip to these aforementioned destinations will involve a relaxing stay in a three-to five-star hotel in Sorrento, before you head off to Italy’s famous Amalfi Coastline which is comprised of the towns of Amalfi, Ravello, and Positano. They have become the settings of numerous famous movies, one of which is “Only You” starred by Marissa Tomei and Robert John Downey Jr. You’ll find it very hard to leave these UNESCO heritage areas because they will surely captivate you with their grand views of pristine beaches, breath-taking cliffs, and host of beautifully colored houses perched on hills.
The key to truly enjoying a stress-free holiday is to look for a tour package that includes the best hotel accommodations, security assistance, and 24/7 customer service. Be sure to review the inclusions. A typical combined tour of Rome, Pompei, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast will include:
- A 4-night stay in a comfortable hotel such as the La Minervetta
- A 3-night stay in Rome at Hotel Barocco (or a similar-class hotel)
- Porterage assistance at airports, train terminals and hotels
- Luxury automobile services (Mercedes E or V Class with an English-Speaking chauffeur)
- Private guided tours administered by a professional tour guide
- Visits to museums, archeological sites, and galleries
- Hotel breakfasts
- Enogastronomic tours and lunches
Prices vary depending on the hotels you want to stay in. It would be advisable to choose an agency that can customize tours if you have unique interests or a particularly tight schedule.