Palermo and Sicily Tours
Sicily Travel Destination Guide
Sicily – A Tropical Getaway on The Mediterranean Sea
Every region in Italy has its own special attractions, and that is obviously the case with Sicily – one of the most popular tropical getaways in Italy inspired by the charm and culture of Southern Italy. The ideal position of this island region on the Italian boot make Sicily a top destination for holiday travelers. Therefore, tours to Sicily include the finest accommodation in holiday villas, beach tours as well as historical tours in Catania and Palermo, the largest cities in this region.
Tours to Palermo, Sicily
Palermo is the more traditional city in Sicily and also the capital of this region. It offers an amazing base of options to explore and see the best of this fascinating island. And when in Palermo, every traveler gets to see the warm welcome from the Sicilians as well as the vibrant energy settled in the ancient architecture, bustling streets and harmonic venues.
Tours to Catania, Sicily
Catania is a historical town with great reputation and sense of commerce as well as a lot of venus and culturally significant sites. The Ionian Coast paradise is a home to where Catania lies, with its amazing lava-stone buildings and active nightlife scene, and also a glimpse into the age old traditions, treasures and architectural masterpieces. Catania is also proud to have the oldest university in Sicily.
The most popular tours to Palermo and Catania as well as the islands around them include the activities and tours such as:
- Piazza del Duomo, an UNESCO site in Palermo and one of the first stop when you arrive to visit Sicily: A distinct welcome to this mythical Island.
- The Roman Ruins and the ancient and complex thermal baths of Catania
- Taormina, one of the most beautiful and exotic ancient destinations offering an amazing view of Naxos Gardens and the sea
- The Islets, a group of small islands with vast history and mythological interest; and the Cyclops Islets which according to the legend are made of boulders hurled at Ulysses by the Cyclops
- The Cave Drawings of the amazing Egadi Islands and Levanzo, dating back to 13,000 years ago, a time when the Italian Peninsula was not fully formed.
- Women’s Island, a historical island for unfaithful wives, now restored and offering exquisite and exclusive beauty and Spa treatments.
- Mandello, the largest beach in Palermo and Aspra Beach, a small fishing village with colorful wooden boats on Palermo outskirts.
- San Vito Lo Capo, a small coastal resort town offering some of the best waters and sandy beaches on the island
- Lampedusa Island, the home of the Phoenicians to visit Rabbit Beach, voted as the top beach in the world on Trip Advisor in 2013
- Aeolian Islands, named after the god of wind and equipped with luxury villas and volcanic clusters, thermal resorts and beaches to explore in depth
- Food and wine tours, to get a glimpse of the Sicilian style of cooking in Mazara del Vallo, Modica, Noto, Marsala, Melfi, Donna Fugata, Corleone, Trapani, Agrigento and many more……
Archeological Tours and Temples in Sicily
Some of the best private tours to historic and archeological parks in Sicily include:
- Segesta, one of the major historic Italian cities and home to the Elymians, one of the three indigenous peoples of Sicily and one of the Greek temples that is the most preserved in the world
- Selinunte, an evocative Greek archeological site now a district to the Castelvetrano village, captivating and impressive with the amazingly well-preserved buildings from the Greek times
- Agrigento Valley of Temples, examples of the Greater Greece art and architecture as well as one of the most preserved national monuments of Italy held by the World Heritage Site tag by UNESCO
- Ragusa, an area traced back to the 2nd millennium BC with amazing settlements by the ancient tribe of Sicels and a town of two faces – the Ragusa Superiore a modern suburb and the Ragusa Ibla, a neighborhood inspired by labyrinth lanes and rock-grey palaces and squares
- Syracuse, a pillar of the ancient history of the Mediterranean and Europe and one of the most important cities of Magna Grecia (Big Greece), with great economic, political and military powers at that time
- Taormina, a big tourist destination since the 19th century inhabited by the Siculi with Tauromenion as the leader. It is a hillside place with beaches down accessible with an aerial tramway
- Cefalu’, a top rated destination in Sicily with amazing charm and blend of historic and seaside spirit
- Modica, a place with diverse history – captured by the Arabs and then fortified its citadels, the place of Modica is connected with the Normans and the Latinization starting from there in the 11st century
- Noto, one of the most beautiful historic centers in Sicily with baroque buildings and churches magnificently glowing with red-gold style and an inner light
- Mount Etna, an active stratovolcano located in the east coast of Sicily and the largest active volcano in Europe with a maximum elevation of about 3350 meters, erupting frequently over the years
The most popular tours in Sicily will never fail to satisfy the needs of every tourist with the amazing topography they offer. Also, the island of Sicily is considered as a gastronomic heaven, offering plenty of food and wine tours and amazing food experiences and the famous Mediterranean Diet which was scientifically proven to offer amazing health benefits.
Featured Sicily Tour Packages
Starting at € 6,485 p/p
Starting at € 7,875 p/p
Starting at € 8,985 p/p
Starting at € 4,985 p/p