Trentino Alto Adige
Trentino Alto Adige Travel Destination Guide
Ideal Destination for Sport and Adventure enthusiasts
The Trentino-Alto Adige region is spread across the high Alps meeting the Italy, Austria and Switzerland three-point and therefore a major destination for winter tours on skiing holidays. The double name of this region is inspired and diverse by the two major influences:
- Trentino, the southern part with 98 percent Italian speaking people and a southern cuisine and architecture, as well as
- Alto Adige, incorporated into the name of Trentino after the First World War, and a region in which the vineyards, forests and street signs are reflecting the Western culture and German language along with art and illustrations from the German Brothers Grimm
Private Tours to The Dolomites
The winter and summer private tours to the Dolomites include the best peaks in Europe shaped with the jagged rock walls imaginary as well as the vast massifs spoken in many myths and legends. The World Heritage List of UNESCO has added the Dolomites in, as a place where history and amazing nature happened, offering the best of the hiking tours in Italy such as skiing tours to the Dolomites and winter holiday getaways.
Private Tours to Trentino-Alto Adige (Sudtirol)
Trentino-Alto Adige is a region in Italy also known as Sudtirol covering the provinces of Trento and Bolzano which are considered as the coldest parts of Italy, yet not less charming than any other. The trekking tours in Trentino-Alto Adige as well as the mountain-biking and hiking tours on the Dolomites are considered as one of the best activities for this region, accompanied by visiting the city of Bolzano and its tremendous art.
Foods and Wine Tours in Trentino Alto Adige
This region offers yet another delicate sense of taste and boasts with traditional food choices such as the famous Strudel, Canederli and Krapfen. The names of these foods have different origin, since Trentino-Alto Adige is a mixed German-Austrian, Hungarian and Italian region offering the best food tours in Italy as well as impeccable wine tours in Trentino, a place with great reputation when it comes to wine. Trentino-Alto Adige is bordering with Liechtenstein on the north as well as Lombardy region in the west and Friuli-Venezia Giulia region on east.
Tours to Trentino – A Significant Spot for The Italian Cuisine
The Council of Trento tours offer a delicate experience in a place that changed the cuisine of this region since 1550, when it was organized. It was a special Council of the Roman Catholic Church developed to find the ways of countering for the rise of the Protestant Reformation. Although these activities do not resemble food in any way, Trentino and the whole region has influenced the food habits of the inhabitants which are considered as a cuisine masters. The unique elements of this cuisine involve typical Italian foods like tomatoes and pasta, as well as olive oil, but also the famous Goulash, Sauerkraut, dumplings and potatoes, all considered as huge influences by the Germans and Hungarians.
The tours to Trentino-Alto Adige often deliver the image of the traditional Austrian style featuring a lot of woodwork. Some of the most popular destination choices for travelers in Trentino include:
- Trento, an atmospheric old centre with great views on the mountain offering the typical Italian experience close to the borders of the West
- Bolzano, the main town in Alto-Adige and a capital for the enviable quality of life, vineyards, vibrant hillsides and amazing wine tasting tours and experiences carpeted with apple trees – which inspired the Austrians to make the famous strudel recipe.
- Bressanone, Vipiteno, Brunico and Merano, featuring national parks with the name of Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio (that crosses the border with Lombardy) to be the greatest one
- In the end, Trentino Alto Adige delivers a unique and cold spirit influenced by the Austrians, Germans and Hungarians. Its rocky mountains and natural landscapes offer a variety of activities and tours for every modern adventurer, from winter sports in the Alps, Trentino-Alto Adige to trekking and hiking tours, all covered by the amazing nature and mystic glory of this region.