Venice and Veneto
Veneto Travel Destination Guide
Veneto: From The Venetian Empire | The Renaissance | to Modern Days
Veneto region is commonly known for Venice, easily the most unique city in the world offering a delicate charm of the watery channels and architecture. However, Veneto region also includes Verona, a major historic and ancient city known for Romeo and Giulietta and their love story.
Veneto region also offers a sight on Lake Garda which apart from Lake Como, is located north of Italy within the Veneto, Lombardy and Trento regions and is visited by thousands of tourists during the year.
Tours to Venice – A chance to see the most unique town in the world
Venice offers an impeccable taste of luxury and freedom with its canals and gondolas running over the flooded city. It is widely known in the world for its romantic appeal and beautiful environment. Venice is also known for its wine tours inside the city, as well as many other activities including sightseeing tours and major sights like:
- Torre dell’Orologio in Piazza San Marco – a beautiful building inspired by the traditional Italian style and architecture located in the Square of San Marco
- San Marco Basilica, an inspiring piece of art and a major church in Venice
- Ponte di Rialto, one of the most remarkable bridges in Venice
- More of San Marco Square and surrounding area: Ponte dei Sospiri, Palazzo Ducale and the Doge’s Palace, a newly built piece of art and architecture
- The Grand Canal, the largest canal in Venice equipped with markets, restaurants and lots of gondolas
Private Tours to Islands of Murano, Burano San Michele and Torcello
The best ways to see beyond the watery canals of Venice is to explore the Venetian spirit and architecture in the towns of Murano, Burano, San Michele and Torcello. This image is best delivered with private luxury tours in these places that are known as:
- San Michele, the cemetery island of Venice with many walls
- Murano, the glassmaking island known for this special skill as well as the Glass Museum and several churches
- Burano, the island town for fisherman and lace makers, such as the unique and colorful houses
- Torcello, a city that was once larger than Venice and today an island with a cathedral dating back to thousands years ago and many outdoor restaurants, delivering the private luxury spirit at its best
If the tours to Venice fail to impress you, which they certainly won’t, Verona is the place in Italy where your heart will feel calm and warm. The tours in Verona are never a disappointment, and once you get to see this marvelous city, you will likely come back for another visit.
Tours to Verona, Italy – The Romantic City of Romeo and Juliet
Verona apart from Venice is yet another romantic city. In fact, the city of Verona features a tremendous love story of Romeo and Giulietta with a sad end, but also an inspirational story for Shakespeare and its masterpiece Romeo and Juliet. Verona is a city that brims with romance and intrigue and an ideal place for many vacationers and travelers.
The number of activities and tours in Verona include:
- Tour to the Arena, a spectacular Roman amphitheater placed in the center of the city similar but smaller than the Colosseum in Rome
- Food Tours in Verona and a chance to taste the adventurous and tasty cuisine with a diversity of local restaurants
- Piazza delle Erbe, the square inspired by a lot of history as well as the quality sounds of jazz at the Rain Wine, a Bar with a very friendly atmosphere
Unique Private Tours in the Veneto region
In order to get a grasp of the Venetian spirit, the most popular private luxury tours are oriented to these places in the Veneto region:
- Padua, a town with medieval marketplaces, fascist-era facades and a student city full of campuses
- Vicenza, an elegant town and great destination for lovers of Italian architecture, which can be admired at greatly in this marvelous town
- Treviso, the capital of the province of Treviso and a lively town close to Venice and with an own airport
- The Palladian villas of the Veneto, designed by the great Andrea Palladio; buildings that had a great impact of the modern architecture in Italy
- Cortina D’Ampezzo, one of Italy’s most famous winter and ski centers and a celebrity winter getaway spot, offering the very best of private luxury tours with the jetsetters and enthusiastic shopping experiences on the fresh air of the Dolomites, ideal for a private and luxury winter tour
- Hiking, cycling, trailing tours on the Dolomites, one of the most beautiful mountains in the world with great shapes ideal for every type of sports activities and private sports tours
Wine and food tours in Bardolino and private tours to Lake Garda
The area of Bardolino is known as the best wine tours and food experiences in Veneto, filled with olive groves and vineyards meeting the most exquisite taste of every fine wine lover. The Bardolino private tours will definitely satisfy your perfect wine tasting experience.
You can also enjoy private luxury day tours to the famous Lake Garda, known for its amazing beaches and type of scenery unlike any other lake.
The Garda lake is close to Verona and is well connected to the hills and other major cities, remaining as a top weekend destination and a motive for private tours for many Italians but also Swiss, Germans and Austrians.
Featured Venice Tour Packages
Starting at € 5,985 p/p