People love making New Year’s resolutions every turn of the calendar. If you are going to make one for 2020, why not choose to be more traveled?> Starting with luxury tours to Italy! There is no better way to welcome the new year than with a luxury vacation. Italy makes an attractive year-round destination, but its major cities also make some of the best spots to enjoy memorable New Year moments. If you’ve already missed New Year’s Eve, Italy’s magic never goes away and there are still plenty of ways you can make the most of your luxury vacations in Italy:
- Palermo – The Sicilian capital is an excellent starting point for exploring the rest of Sicily. The holiday season between December and January are always a great time to visit especially when you are into Christmas markets, but extending your stay to the latter parts of January all the way through February will give you a taste of the island’s temperate climate, perfect for enjoying its beautiful beaches.
- Venice – Luxury tours in Italy are never complete without a visit to Venice. The winter months are great because sights and attractions are a lot quieter, ideal for soaking in the city’s beauty without the usual crowds.
- Turin – If you want the classic alps experience, Turin is definitely a must. Ski trips are extremely popular in this alpine gateway.
- Amalfi Coast – The Amalfi Coast is a great alternative if you are looking for a pleasant seaside experience in the winter. December and January are great months to travel to the Amalfi beaches and even its famed piazzas and cathedrals.
- Rome – The capital city is an obvious choice whenever visiting Italy. During winter, Rome is a lot quieter (although not completely crowd-free), which makes it a lot more enjoyable to visit major city highlights.
Book early with your luxury tour operator to get the best tours while you can. Luxury Italy tours tend to close up fast due to high demand, so it pays planning your trip ahead of time.